Careers with PPM
Start your career with us today
Thank you for your interest in working for Pena Property Management. Pena Property Management offers full service commercial property and facility care to companies across Texas. Property management includes administration, accounting, tenant services, facility maintenance, and repairs. To see our open positions and careers, please scroll down. When you are ready to apply, simply click “Apply Now.”
Current Open Positions
Pena Property Management is currently seeking an experienced Building Maintenance Technician to join our Houston area team.
This is a full time position with normal working days from Monday through Friday, requiring on-call availability for emergency situations. The Building Maintenance Technician position will manage the work of specialty vendors and will work under limited supervision.
- Performs a variety of routine non-licensed maintenance on HVAC equipment, electrical and electronic controls, plumbing, and other equipment and systems depending on experience.
- Knowledge of the proper use of specialized building equipment and systems including: HVAC, turbines, plumbing, electrical, general carpentry, and other trades.
- Coordinates vendor visits for specialized maintenance, repair, or certification of equipment and systems. Inspects completed work for conformance with contract requirements and safety codes.
- Interacts courteously with the tenant, vendors, and team members; maintains effective working relationships with vendors; cooperates with and follows directions of management to effectively meet objectives.
- Responds to questions on contracted maintenance activities in a professional and timely manner. Refers questions, billing, and comments to the manager as required.
- Requisitions materials and supplies using established guidelines and procedures.
- Responds to emergencies as requested and coordinates all after-hours work activities and repairs; informs management of all after-hours work requirements.
- Documents, records, and reports all work performed and materials used.
- Completes facility inspection twice a month.
- Executes additional duties, projects and responsibilities as assigned.
- Moderate computer literacy for entering and looking up information using standard business software such as Slack (messaging system), email, and Google shared documents and applications.
- Demonstrated organizational, problem solving and decision making skills.
- High school diploma or general education degree and. specialized or advanced coursework in building maintenance or related field required
- Minimum 5 years of position related work experience in building maintenance or related field required.
- Valid US identification is required.
- Must be able to pass a federal background investigation and drug screen exam. Passing a federal background check is required for this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office and on-site including the grounds and warehouse area. Conditions regularly include exposure to outdoor elements, hot/cold temperatures, wet conditions, noise, atmospheric conditions, and cramped quarters.
Must be able to lift over 50 pounds. Regularly pushing, pulling carts or wheelbarrows. Lifting and pushing shovels, brooms, floor scrapers, and various tools. Reaching above and at shoulder height with the weight of several objects and tools into trucks or carts. Standing and walking for assigned work shift. Crouching, kneeling for extended periods.
About Our Company
Pena Property Management offers full service commercial property and facility care to commercial buildings across Texas. Property management includes administration and accounting services. We also provide tenant services, facility maintenance, and repairs.
We offer an entrepreneurial environment that fosters personal and professional growth.
Pena Property Management is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Interested in Another Position?
If you do not see an open position you are interested in with Pena Property Management, please fill out an employment application. We will review your qualifications and contact you with any questions we may have.